PRIVACY AND COOKIES
Effective Date: September 9, 2019
In general, you may visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself except as set forth in this section. Like many websites, our server logs may capture information regarding your operating system, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol), address and the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website, including date and time. We may use this information to improve the services we provide through the Site, to monitor and improve the performance of our services, to administer the Site and to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of our customers and other users of the Site. If you view a program on the Site, the fact that you watched the program and when you watched the program may be logged. We log this information to determine which videos our clients consider useful.
- Cookies which are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing any secure areas of the Site.
- Performance and analytics cookies (including Google Analytics) which keep track of the pages that you visit and the videos and other content you access so we can determine which content is most popular and improve the performance of our Site. These cookies record only anonymous statistical data and do not collect any personal information that could identify an individual visitor.
- Functionality cookies which remember the choices you make, such as language options or the region you are in. These cookies help to make your visit more personal.
- Cookies which keep track of how you share content from the Site via social media or email.
2. Information You Submit to Us Via the Site
If you join one or more of our mailing lists or otherwise choose to provide personal information to us through the Site, we will use that information for the purpose for which it was collected. For example:
- Registering for an event
- Requesting a publication
- Signing up to a mailing list
- Asking to be contacted by SDR
And for other reasonably related compatible purposes such as administering the Site.
Your information may be accessed by third party service providers who will process that information solely for our benefit and in accordance with our instructions – see Section 5 below for more information. However, we will not provide your personal information to, or share it with, any third party’s own marketing purposes except in connection with requests you make that clearly involve third parties such as publications produced by third parties or events that are presented or sponsored by third parties. This will always be made clear to you before you sign up for the publication or event.
3. Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The majority of the personal information collected by SDR is provided by you voluntarily on the Site, e.g., when you sign up to join a mailing list or register for an event, and is therefore collected with your permission. The remaining personal information is collected for SDR’s legitimate business purposes e.g. to monitor and improve the quality of the Site and our services and to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of our clients and other users of the Site.
5. Sharing of Information
SDR will not sell or release your personal data to third parties or allow them to direct market their products and services to you, except with your agreement as described in Section 2 above.
6. Agreement; Changes